Tree Planting Procedures
1. Dig a hole twice (2) die length and width of the
2. Fill the hole with water one (1) day before planting
and let it drain.
3. Mix the dug out soil with compost. Fertilizer can be
added according to the manufacturers’ instructions.
4. Position the tree next to the hole.
5. Cut off the plastic between the wires as near as
possible to the bottom of the container.
6. Remove the plastic from the top.
7. Fill the hole with soil so that the top of the
container will be just lower than the surrounding
soil, after the tree has been planted.
8. Trees can be planted with a wire basket, after the
plastic has been removed.
9. Extra large trees can be placed in the hole with the
help of two poles.
10. Keep the tree upright and fill the cavity under the
container with soil so that the tree stands up by
11. Pound or trample the soil firmly around the tree.
12. Make a dam around the tree and fill with water. Let
13. If the tree should tilt, anchor it with suitable anchors.
14. Thread anchor cables through a piece of plastic
tubing or hose pipe, where the cable touches the
15. Water the tree thoroughly twice a week, until the
tree can sustain itself.
16. 2:3:2 (22) fertilizer can be administered according
to the manufacturers’ instructions.
17. To help with wetting the roots of the tree, a 20mm
piece of black PVC pipe can be placed next to the
tree roots to help with watering.
Monday - Friday: 07:00 - 17:00
Closed on Saturdays & Sundays
Last of first Friday of each month 07:00 - 12:00
Find us on
Follow us on
Malanseuns sell only to the trade and deliver by road to all of South Africa as well as neighbouring countries, like Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, etc. Retail sales are done through its chain of Garden Centres.